Dimming LEDs, lamps, motors in small props, costumes and more is easy with the DMX4dim, a small wireless dimmer that can be used in a variety of applications. The DMX4dim includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4MagicPC Remote Configuration Software
All of the Series 3 products now include 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,000 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. The DMX4dim also features dimmer curve crossfading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output.
Like the rest of the RC4Magic Harmonized Design platform, the DMX4dim features:
- HSL Color Controller
- RC4 ColorMatch
- RC4 HotPatch
- Remote Device Management (RDM)
- RC4 CodeLoader
- RC4 Digital Persistence
All RC4 dimmers are ideal for video professionals dealing with the banding, blinding and other anomalies created by PWM frequencies. All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide multiple PWM frequencies—low, middle, high and supersonic– to eliminate these issues on video.
With four dimmer outputs, DMX4dim-500 can take full advantage of the RC4 Wireless FLKR Effects Engine. Say goodbye to canned effects; the FLKR Effects Engine allows users to effortlessly create memorable effects that can be stored and recalled. All this is accomplished without an external DMX controller and is perfect for standalone displays in retail, trade shows, and more.
The DMX4dim includes a wired DMX data port. Typically, this port is used to output data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the DMX2dim to be used as a wired dimmer.
The internal wireless DMX receiver in the DMX4dim operates identically to the RC4Magic DMXio in receiver mode. The RC4 DMX miniplug port can used with a range of DMX adaptors, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR connectors. The most common adaptor is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector.
For those in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand who are in locations prone to wireless interference, the 900SX DMX4dim could be the ideal solution.
RC4Magic Series 3 DMX4dim Specifications
- Dimensions: 3.14″x 1.5″ x .78″ (80mm x 40mm x 20mm)
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle draw, ~87% regulation efficiency, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 low-voltage DC dimmers, screw terminal connections, 16-bit resolution PWM (16,384 steps)
- Dimmer Output Power: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 16A (limited by rating of input screw terminals)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW)
- RC4 Digital Persistence™: 8 user-selectable persistence periods emulating a range of filament lamps
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw (sum of 4 dimmers)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: RC4 Wireless RC4Magic Series 3, compatible with RC4Magic Series 2, proprietary
- RF Antenna: hidden internal, omnidirectional
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.