The RC4Magic S3 2.4SX DMX2dim is easy to operate, battery powered, 2-channel wireless dimmer deal for use with LEDs, lamps, props, costumes and more. The DMX2dim operates in the popular 2.4GHz frequency used worldwide, so it’s perfect for all types of tours. The DMX2dim also has RC4’s Lifetime Warranty, which is the only one of its kind offered in the wireless DMX marketplace.
The SX Series of products now includes 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,000 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. All SX dimmers also feature dimmer curve crossfading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output. Dimming is suddenly as smooth as silk.
Like all RC4Magic devices, it includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button.
The RC4Magic Series 3 2.4SX DMX2dim features:
- RC4 System IDs
- RC4 ColorMatch
- RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- RC4 HotPatch
- RC4MagicPC Remote Configuration Software
- Remote Device Management (RDM)
- RC4 Cross-Fade Controller
RC4 dimmers are ideal for video professionals dealing with banding, blinding and other anomalies created by PWM (pulse-width-modulation) frequencies. All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide multiple PWM frequencies—low, middle, high and supersonic– to eliminate these issues on video.
The DMX2dim is ideal for hybrid-white LED color mixing, when transitioning between different color temperatures of white. RC4’s Hue/Saturation/Level (HSL) Color Controller delivers best-in-class color consistency over the entire dimming range, ensuring precise mix ratios even at very low dimmer levels. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color from a console, the RC4 HSL Color Controller maintains high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range.
For those in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand who are in locations prone to wireless interference, the 900SX DMX2dim could be the ideal solution.
The professionals at the National Theatre used 20 DMX2dims for their production of Angels in America.
RC4Magic Series 3 2.4SX DMX2dim Specifications
- Dimensions: 2.4″ x 1.4″ x .79″ (61mm x 36mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 1.30oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle draw, ~87% regulation efficiency, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 2 low-voltage DC dimmers, screw terminal connections, 16-bit resolution PWM (16,384 steps)
- Dimmer Output Power: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 16A (limited by rating of input screw terminals)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW)
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw (sum of 4 dimmers)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: RC4Wireless RC4Magic Series 3, compatible with RC4Magic Series 2, proprietary
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.