Secure DMX Cable Elimination and Wireless Data Distribution
Trusted worldwide by industry leaders at Disney, Cirque du Soleil, and countless Broadway houses, a pair of DMXio units working together enable users large and small to eliminate endless runs of DMX lighting cables.
Controlling the DMXio is as easy as the push of a button, and it will works reliably up to 200’ (60m). Line-of-sight is not generally required for RC4Magic products, but dense objects between units — like concrete walls — will attenuate the radio signal and reduce the available range.
The DMXio is also a transmitter for RC4 Magic wireless dimmers, which means that it works with all of the 2.4GHz products, including the popular DMX2dim, DMX4dim and DMX4dim-500. When in transmitter mode, the DMXio decodes the incoming DMX universe, encodes it, encrypts it, and then broadcasts it using Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) digital radio.
As a receiver, the DMXio decodes the rf signal from the transmitter, rebuilds the DMX universe, and regenerates a standard DMX signal with the same number of channels and the same packet rate as the data going into the transmitter. Numerous DMXio receivers can be used simultaneously, taking the place of splitters, isolators, and distribution boxes, providing superior electrical isolation while eliminating unsightly, cumbersome wiring.
All RC4 products come programmed with three unique System IDs. RC4 IDs serve as system identifiers and encryption keys, ensuring interference-free operation anywhere, anytime, worldwide. Every RC4 user and project has their own unique, protected ID. A common public ID is also provided, allowing multiple RC4Magic systems to be combined and used as one large system at any time.
Wireless users in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand who are in a crowded wireless environment, please consider the RC4Magic-900SX DMXio-HG.
Learn more about the DMXio and what it can do at the RC4 Wireless Knowledge Base.
RC4Magic Series 3 DMXio Specifications
- Dimensions: 3.4” x 2.3” x 1.55” nominal (approx. 86mm x 59mm x 40mm)
- Mounting flanges extend an additional 0.5″ (13mm), for a bottom footprint of 4.4″ x 2.3″ (112mm x 59mm)
- 5-pin male and female XLRs for DMX in and out, hardwired together
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 100mA. AC POWER ADAPTOR INCLUDED. International purchasers will receive a multiprong adaptor with connections for Europe, UK, Australia, and North America. North American customers will receive a standard adaptor for use in USA and Canada.
- Standard 2.1mm power receptacle, center positive
- Internal jumper option to take power from XLR pins 4 and 5
- 3 user-selectable RC4 Private System IDs, plus the RC4 Public ID (each ID supports one independent DMX universe)
- User selectable internal DMX termination (enable/disable with the press of one button)
- Internal standard antenna provides excellent performance in most applications (for external antenna options see the DMXio-HG)
- Includes one (1) AC Adaptor
- Only 1 DMXio transmitter should be operated on each system ID.
- DMX Input: meets USITT DMX512/1990(4us) with 1-second data hold after dropout
- DMX Output: straight-thru hardware connection from DMX input to output
- Option DMX channel limiting: set lowest and highest channel using RC4 OneTouch (default is full 512-channel universe)
- Any number of DMXio receivers may be used in a system.
- DMX Output: meets USITT DMX512/1990
- The DMX specification allows up to 32 devices on a DMX output. The DMXio data output exceeds this requirement and is capable of driving additional devices.
- Internally protected against static discharge and excessive line loading.
RC4Magic DMX Protocol Compliance
- DMX inputs and outputs comply with USITT DMX512/1990(4us).
- Packets with non-zero start codes are not transmitted; RC4Magic cannot transfer proprietary data or RDM packets.
- DMXio receiver output replicates DMXio transmitter input, providing the same number of DMX channels and the same number of packets per second (pps).
- Minimum number of DMX channels per packet: 1
- Maximum number of DMX channels per packet: 512
- Maximum packet-per-second rate: 44pps with 512 channels, 10000pps with 1 channel
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.