Power. The RC4Magic S3 2.4SX DMX4dim-500 has it. In fact, it’s RC4’s most powerful 2.4Ghz dimmer. The DMX4dim-500 is a 42 amp dimmer that provides 500W at 12V and 1000W at 24V. In fact, the DMX4dim-500 works from 6volts DC all the way up to 35 volts DC.
The DMX4dim-500 features high resolution, 19-bit dimming. This is eight times finer than 16-bit and has a whopping 524,000 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. The DMX4dim-500 also features dimmer curve crossfading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output.
The DMX4dim-500 includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4MagicPC configuration software. Any number of receiver-dimmers can be used together in a RC4Magic Series 2 or Series 3 system.
With four dimmer outputs, DMX4dim-500 users can take full advantage of the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine. Say goodbye to canned effects; the FLKR Effects Engine allows users to effortlessly create memorable effects that can be stored and recalled. All this is accomplished without an external DMX controller and is perfect for standalone displays in retail, trade shows, and more.
Worried about PWM frequencies? All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide low, mid, high and supersonic PWM frequencies while eliminating a myriad of problems, from visible strobing to audio interference.
Additional DMX4dim-500 features include:
Need to work with a battery pack? The DMX4dim-500 is perfectly paired with the 30-volt battery belts that are used extensively in film.
Users in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil who are operating in the crowded wireless environment should consider the RC4Magic-900SX DMX4dim -500.
RC4Magic Series 3 DMX4dim-500 Specifications
- Dimensions: 4.4″ x 2.4″ x 1.2″ (112mm x 62mm x 31mm)
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle draw, ~87% regulation efficiency, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 low-voltage DC dimmers, Anderson Powerpole connections, 16-bit resolution PWM (16,384 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 40A non-continuous, 15A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 42A (limited by rating of Anderson power input connectors). Anderson Powerpole connectors are provided for connection of the power supply (+/-DC IN red/black) and load devices (+/-DimA yellow/grey, +/-DimB yellow/grey, +/-DimC yellow/grey, +/-DimD yellow/grey).
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW).
- Series 3 Versatility: wired and wireless DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4MagicPC 3.x compatible, extensive wired RDM support.
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw (sum of 4 dimmers)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support.
- Wireless DMX Protocol: RC4 Wireless RC4Magic Series 3, compatible with RC4Magic Series 2, proprietary
- RF Antenna: hidden internal, omnidirectional
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.