The RC4Magic-900SX DMXpix is a tiny wireless DMX driver for specifically controlling two strings (or other configurations) of pixel LEDs. It operates in the 900MHz band, which results in increased speed, improved security, and improved signal stability. It also includes the RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty.
The original 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 DMXpix is suggested for customers outside of the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil and for all international tours.
The 900SX DMXpix (and the original DMXpix) supports all the popular LED chip protocols (WS2801, WS2812, APA102, LPD8806 and more). The RC4 CodeLoader allows drivers for new pixel products to be added by simply downloading and installing firmware updates. RC4 OneTouch™, RC4MagicPC Remote Configuration Software, or wired RDM, enables users to specify the LED string type, DMX start channel, and various configuration parameters for each driver, making every LED chip protocol a perfect match for the 900SX DMXpix.
Need to create a pixel string with complex patterns and a variety of colors? The 900SX DMXpix makes it easy to do a variety of complex tasks without using excessive channels. Traditional mapping of DMX to pixel strings consumes vast numbers of channels — a single universe of 512 channels can control only 170 red-green-blue pixels. The RC4Magic-900SX DMXpix uses patent-pending RC4 Custom Pixel Profiles to deliver the same design versatility and control to designers, while vastly reducing the number of console DMX channels required to render beautiful effects using up to 1000 pixel LEDs and generating up to 3000 output channels.
The 900SX DMXpix (and the original DMXpix) uses Keyframing, a Custom Pixel Profile feature, to create effects using any desired length of pixels, group multiple LEDs into larger “virtual pixels” if desired, and then tailor how the keyframe propagates down the pixel chain without needing additional DMX channels to do so.
Working with pixel strings with different chipsets can make color matching difficult. RC4 ColorMatch™, which is an integral part of the 900SX DMXpix, enables users to adjust the color balance of each string to ensure a consistent palette, even when combining products from different manufacturers, different control protocols, and differences due to variations in LED binning. By delegating this task to the 900SX DMXpix pixel driver, rather than managing this in a console or media server, multiple different pixel strings can be controlled from the same DMX channels without unsightly color variation
RC4Magic-900SX DMXpix Specifications
- Dimensions: 2.4”x 1.37” x .78” (60mm x 35mm x 20mm)
- Power Input: 5VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle draw
- Power: 2pin Phoenix Connector
- Pix A, Pix B: 4pin Phoenix Connectors
- i2c – 6-position (2×3) DIL 2.54mm header
- Pixel String Protocol: WS2801, WS2811, WS2812, LPD8806, APA102. Each of these types is unique, and numerous other types are identical or compatible with these. Additional driver types can be installed as they become available using the RC4 CodeLoader.
- I2C Protocol: Communicates with host device (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.) as an I2C slave emulating read-only-memory. The first 512 memory locations contain current DMX universe channel levels.
- Sensor: Total current draw.
- DMX In/Out: RC4 3.5mm TRS receptacle (non-standard). Optional adaptors to XLR 3-pin, 5-pin, male, female, are available. Data output compliant with ANSI E1.11 (DMX512-A). Data input compliant with E1.11, ANSI E1.20, ANSI E1.37-1 (RDM).
- RF Antenna: hidden internal, omnidirectional.
RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for use in Canada, USA, Australia, Brazil, and New Zealand. In other jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, Africa and international tours, our 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 system is ideal.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.